Careers | Customer Operations Coordinator
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets. We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
Working as part of the wider Finance team, our Customer Operations team are a central hub to ensure that sales orders are fulfilled on time and to customer requirement. Once the order has been written, it is down to Customer Operations to work with a number of different departments to coordinate getting the order out of the door.
Building and maintaining internal relationships with the Sales function, you will also represent the company to external customers and stakeholders, forging strong connections especially to hauliers in terms of transport and logistics. You will allocate stock (taking into account timescales, value, volume and balancing some sensitive trading relationships), giving authorisation for orders to be picked from the warehouse and book the goods in to be collected.
You will partner specific Sales teams so you are able to really get to know your UK and export accounts in order to fully understand specific requirement and working procedures, ensuring that the orders are correct, accurate and meet expectation. Whilst you will largely work independently on your own accounts, the Customer Services team work together to move over £300k of stock daily, meaning that between 100 – 200 pallets are leaving the warehouse daily.
Business function : Support
Department : Customer Operations
Reports to : Customer Operations Manager
Job type : Full time, Permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Overall accountability for the management of sales order books
• Understand each stage of a customer order and progress where possible (minimum order values, proformas, purchase orders, transport quote etc)
• Liaise with various departments to ensure customer requirement can be met
• Managing customer expectation regarding updates, issues or delays
• Considering sensitive trading relationships and the best commercial outcome when allocating stock
• A confident communicator, with a polite but tenacious telephone manner and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
• A commercial, common sense approach
• Experience within a comparable customer service or logistics role
• Proficient in Microsoft packages (Excel and Word)
• Ability to operate at pace under pressure, whilst not sacrificing quality and accuracy
• Numerical and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi task
• Recognise the importance of attention to detail, yet awareness for the bigger picture
• Experience in import and export would be advantageous
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note, applications without a covering letter will not be considered.