Careers | Buying Assistant
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets.
We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
Working within the Buying team, you will be providing administrative support to ensure that the Buyers are best placed to focus on trading and making the most of the deals being made.
This analytical role helps to provide structure and routine to the team, through a mixture of scheduled tasks and also providing ad hoc support and cover to your partnered Buyers. In this fast paced role, you will assist in analysing stock offers through data analysis and store visits, preparing attractive presentations to offer out new purchases to the sales team and assist the Buyers in their meeting preparation.
You are the link between the buzz of buying, to the systems and processes that ensure that the stock arrives with us as expected, therefore approaching activities with care, consideration yet urgency.
Business function : Trading
Department : Buying
Reports to : Buying Director
Job type : Full time, Permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Forecasting orders based on sales performance and market trends, ensuring we have sufficient stock of all repeatable lines through demand planning.
• Stock control - highlight slow selling lines and create an effective plan with your buyer to move stock efficiently through the business.
• Processing purchase orders ensuring they are entered on the system in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure data held within our internal systems is accurate and up to date.
• Market research and store visits where necessary.
• Offer review and product data analysis.
• Prospecting, nurturing and managing low priority suppliers.
• Preparing presentations to send to the Sales Team to offer new products, existing products, or products that have not yet been purchased.
• Product & range promotion via marketing and social media outlets.
• Covering absent buyers; including liaising with suppliers, analysing offers and managing stock received.
• Trade Show support during our attendance at the Spring & Autumn NEC Trade Show Fair.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly handling data in Excel
• A confident and articulate communicator, in both spoken and written correspondence
• Have a keen eye for detail but appreciation for the bigger picture and long term strategy
• You will be technically minded and problem solver, adept at running and reading reports to put actions into place
• Ability to follow instruction and work well as part of a team, but also use your initiative to question and seek out better ways of doing things.
• Organised, thorough and conscientious approach with the ability to multitask and prioritise
• Degree level achievements and strong A level results (or the associated equivalent) would be desirable, but we look for more than just academic achievements of our team.
• Experience in working in a trading environment, whether that be sales or buying
• The role may require occasional travel so a driving license would be advantageous
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.