Careers | eCommerce Assistant
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets.
We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
In this newly created role, you will be key in increasing revenue through ecommerce sales. Working alongside the Ecommerce Manager, you will use data to drive traffic and activity through our online platforms, ensuring that opportunities for sales are optimised.
As this is a brand new position in an emerging team, the role as it stands today will look very different in another 6-12 months time. Therefore, we are looking for specifically for somebody to see the opportunity for what it will become and to help shape the ecommerce function.
The development opportunities are huge for those who show potential, ambition and a real interest in developing Pricecheck’s online presence.
Business function : Trading
Department : Sales
Reports to : eCommerce Manager
Job type : Full time, permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Maintaining online product listings using internal databases (for example, Amazon vendor platform)
• Listing the correct products based on retail sales analysis, promotional events and seasonality
• Improving Pricecheck’s operational performance within ecommerce
• Online marketing of Pricecheck exclusive brands to optimise sales
• Sales analysis to drive activity looking at rates of sale and margin
• Liaising with the Buying team to source products and manage stock levels
• Work closely with the Marketing department to deliver effective content
• Contribute towards continuous optimisation and innovation of Pricecheck’s new, soon to launch website to drive online business
• Other adhoc tasks as and when needed to support the Ecommerce Manager
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
• An analytical yet commercial approach
• Strong numerical ability
• A confident communicator, with both internal and external stakeholders
• Have a keen eye for detail but appreciation for the bigger picture and long term strategy
• You will be technically minded and problem solver, adept at running and reading reports to put actions into place
• Ability to follow instruction and work well as part of a team, but also use your initiative to question and seek out better ways of doing things
• Organised, thorough and conscientious approach with the ability to multitask and prioritise
• Working autonomously, with the ability to cope with ambiguity and problem solve with calm efficiency and a sense of humour
• You will be joining a newly formed team so a willingness to get stuck in is definitely required!
• 2.1 Degree or equivalent with strong A Levels
• Experience in SQL
• Experience of working with Google Analytics
• Experience of operating within online trading
• Familiar with project management software
• The role may require occasional travel so a driving license would be advantageous
What's in it for you
• Competitive starting salary
• Automatic enrolment into our company Pension Scheme
• Westfield health cash plan
• Access to all products in stock with staff discount
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
As we grow the team at Pricecheck, we want a certain kind of person to grow with us too. If you join us with a solid work ethic and clear ambition, along with a willingness to work hard and push yourself, progression opportunities at Pricecheck are a plenty.