Careers | Sales Support
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets.
We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
You will be working alongside an International Account Manager (IAM) to open new business whilst nurturing existing business to grow your joint territory. Rather than a static product list and one prescribed way of selling, you are encouraged to have an individual approach, coupled with commercial awareness to adapt to the situation. FMCG is an extremely dynamic environment, meaning no two days are ever the same, so being a solid multi tasker is paramount.
With so much going on, you need to be sharp, proactive and have an eagerness to learn. You should be able to work well in a team whilst also having the ability to use your initiative. If you can show us you have entrepreneurial spirit, are persistent in the face of a challenge, have an interest in trading and a passion for sales- get in touch!
Business function : Trading
Department : Sales
Reports to : Sales Support Manager
Job type : Full time, permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Generate new business, fed to you from our Internal Sales and Business Development Team
• Maintain consistent telephone and email contact with your active and prospect customer base, working strategically with your IAM to generate new business and increase current spend
• Conduct store visits to understand your customer base
• Plan national and international trips for your International Account Manager
• Strategic and analytical in approach to each day
• Stamp personality on your sales approach whilst remaining professional
• Ensure you are achieving your core KPIs, including hitting your telephone call rates & opening new accounts
• 2.1 Degree or equivalent with strong A Levels
• Proficient in Microsoft packages
• A confident communicator
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work in a team as well as act on your own initiative
• Well organised with the ability to multi task
• Language skills or experience of living and working overseas
• Full UK Driving Licence
What's in it for you
• Competitive starting salary
• Uncapped bonus scheme
• Automatic enrolment into our company Pension Scheme
• Westfield health cash plan
• Access to all products in stock with staff discount
As we grow the team at Pricecheck, we want a certain kind of person to grow with us too. If you join us with a solid work ethic and clear ambition, along with a willingness to work hard and push yourself, progression opportunities at Pricecheck are a plenty.
If successful, you will be invited for an interview where we will assess your skill fit. The final stage will consist of a Company tour, the opportunity to meet some of the team and get a first-hand view of the role, finally concluding with a competency-based task.