Careers | Sales Fast Track
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets.
We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
Working as part of an expanding sales team, this development role is the starting point on your sales journey with Pricecheck. Pricecheck strongly believe in promoting from within, and here is your first step towards a rewarding and fruitful career as an International Account Manager. Working alongside our current team, you will get to work across the breadth of our customer base, including wholesale, retail, key accounts and international partners. Rather than a static product list and one prescribed way of selling, you are encouraged to use your individual approach and commercial awareness to adapt to the situation, meaning no two days are ever the same.
Learning key selling skills from those around you, you will become a strong negotiator and adept at matching the right product to the right customer at a price point that works for all involved – a fine balance which bodes well for a capable and promising field sales representative. By the end of the first year, we would anticipate you being ready and raring to take on your own territory, being out on the road visiting your own customers and building your account list.
In order to succeed, you will show versatility and awareness of how to read a situation – you will be a true ‘plate spinner’ and thrive in a busy environment where your time management skills and multi-tasking ability will help you succeed. You will embrace a challenge and not be afraid of hard work, relishing the opportunity to learn from those around whilst applying your own personal touch.
Business function : Trading
Department : Sales
Reports to : Sales Support Manager
Job type : Full time, permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Generate new business, fed to you from our Internal Sales and Business Development Team
• Maintain consistent telephone and email contact with your active and prospect customer base, working strategically with your IAM to generate new business and increase current spend
• Conduct store visits to understand your customer base
• Plan national and international trips for your International Account Manager
• Strategic and analytical in approach to each day
• Stamp personality on your sales approach whilst remaining professional
• Ensure you are achieving your core KPIs, including hitting your telephone call rates & opening new accounts
• Previous experience of working in a sales or commercial environment
• Motivated by sales targets and the buzz of a sale
• True ambition to kickstart your career in FMCG sales, relishing the pressure and responsibility that this brings
• 2.1 Degree or equivalent with strong A Levels
• Proficient in Microsoft packages
• A confident communicator
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work in a team as well as act on your own initiative
• Well organised with the ability to multi task
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Language skills or experience of living and working overseas
What's in it for you
• Competitive starting salary
• Uncapped bonus scheme
• Automatic enrolment into our company Pension Scheme
• Westfield health cash plan
• Access to all products in stock with staff discount
As we grow the team at Pricecheck, we want a certain kind of person to grow with us too. If you join us with a solid work ethic and clear ambition, along with a willingness to work hard and push yourself, progression opportunities at Pricecheck are a plenty.
If successful, you will be invited for an interview where we will assess your skill fit. The final stage will consist of a Company tour, the opportunity to meet some of the team and get a first-hand view of the role, finally concluding with a competency-based task.