Careers | Business Development Researcher
Have you ever wondered how the discount retailers manage to stock the well known brands at a bargain price? How the online prices can differ so much to the same product available in stores?
In the lively and competitive FMCG arena, Pricecheck has long established relationships with many brand owners and major suppliers, sourcing world famous brands which we then sell and distribute to a range of different outlets.
We understand business – we buy and sell quality products, whilst appreciating the market and getting to know exactly what our customers want. This simple and driven approach has seen us develop trade in 82 countries and we continue to explore new categories, markets, services and territories.
And we’re getting it right too – we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade and have recently been named in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2018 and again in 2019.
We supply thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories – we never know where our next partnership will take us, making for a fast paced, diverse and exciting place to work.
Your thorough research will help to identify new opportunities, customers and suppliers to take the business further. You will need to consider business feedback and apply your inquisitive approach. Seeing your research through to fruition, you will share your findings with the team to then monitor, accurately record and chase feedback, all managed through our CRM and bespoke account systems.
Your research will provide support to the Business Development and Sales teams, especially in activities relating to account management and coordinating relevant updates to the CRM system - producing the resulting management information and reports as required. As your understanding of Pricecheck and our internal systems grows, you will be central in reviewing processes and developing the reporting available, enabling you to see first hand how your efforts are helping to shape the future growth of the company.
As you will be managing your own projects, you will be disciplined, organised and methodical in your approach. The role is varied and becomes what you make it – you will be in prime position to learn all about the business and our trading functions, enabling you to be involved in a wide range of activity and in time, focusing on the areas that encourage you to work to your strengths.
Business function : Trading
Department : Projects
Reports to : Business Development Manager
Job type : Full time, permanent
Location : Office based - S20, Sheffield
• Working on a variety of research projects to identify new opportunities, customers and suppliers.
• Accurately recording and updating information on our CRM
• Reviewing and implementing processes for our database
• Market research and store visits
• Covering Sales Support role when required
• Attending trade show set up and preparing the necessary sales tools for the event
• Attending industry events to gain market insight
• 2.1 Degree or equivalent with strong A Levels
• Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly handling data in Excel
• You will be a confident communicator and work with clarity and tenacity to see ideas through to fruition
• Ability to follow instruction and work well as part of a team, but also use your initiative to question and seek out better ways of doing things
• You will be disciplined, organised, and self-motivated with a methodical approach
• Have a keen eye for detail but appreciation for the bigger picture and long term strategy.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Language skills or experience of living and working overseas
What's in it for you
• Competitive starting salary
• Automatic enrolment into our company Pension Scheme
• Westfield health cash plan
• Access to all products in stock with staff discount
As we grow the team at Pricecheck, we want a certain kind of person to grow with us too. If you join us with a solid work ethic and clear ambition, along with a willingness to work hard and push yourself, progression opportunities at Pricecheck are a plenty.
If successful, you will be invited for an interview where we will assess your skill fit. The final stage will consist of a Company tour, the opportunity to meet some of the team and get a first-hand view of the role, finally concluding with a competency-based task.