You are our door opener – receiving inbound and making outbound B2B calls to gather information and understand customer requirements in order to establish opportunities where Pricecheck could begin to trade.
Business function: Trading
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Job type: Full time, permanent
Location: Office based - S20, Sheffield
What you'll be doing
Working from a database of active, prospect and lapsed accounts, you will qualify new business opportunities for the Sales teams to take on and explore further. Assisting the Business Development team to gather further information on potential customers, you will use your knowledge of Pricecheck to inform and persuade potential partners, helping to turn our prospects into customers. You will also partner with sales teams who can call upon you for extra help, whether that be assisting in setting up appointments for international trips or focusing your calls on the specific customer groups they would like to target.
How you'll do it
- Assist the Account Managers to develop relationships with potential customers both in the UK and overseas
- Make initial contact (by phone or other communication channels) to new leads generated by the Business Development team and follow up any new enquiry to the business
- Help to research, plan, prepare and organise meetings in the UK and overseas for International Account Managers
- Organise regular sales teams briefings with your allocated sales team
- Ensure all required consent is obtained for the sending of our offers and company news
- Coordinate business development support where needed
What we're looking for
- Proven track record of sales or appointment setting, demonstrating at least 18 months’ experience in a comparable role.
- Experience in working with a CRM system to manage, track and follow up on your own contacts to manage your workload and monitor success.
- If you shy away from the telephone, keep searching as this isn’t the job for you. Our successful candidate will enjoy building relationships over the phone and approach each call with the enthusiasm to engage and persuade.
- You may be the first person that the prospect has had contact with from Pricecheck, so you are representing the business – you will be knowledgeable, professional but personable, and interested to match their needs with what we can offer.
- You will be a confident communicator and adaptable, thriving under pressure and motivated by results.
- Goal orientated – we can give you the tools, guidance and support to succeed but you need to have the right attitude and determination to do it.
- However, we are not a hard sell – whilst you will be tenacious, you will also know how to read a situation and recognise when you have exhausted current opportunities.
- GDPR awareness
- As we trade internationally, we’re keen to hear from people who have language skills or experience in export, but these are not essential.
- Whilst a driving licence is not necessary at this stage, future development roles may involve national travel where the individual may be required to drive.